We are Laced Europe Ltd t/a Laced, a marketplace for buyers and sellers of authentic footwear.
You can find us at 42 Cudworth Road, Ashford, Kent, TN24 0BG and our registration details with the ICO (the UK's data protection authority) can be found here.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us at [email protected]
- How Do We Use Your Data?
Who Do We Share Your Data With?
- Where you sign up to sell sneakers or other products via our website we will collect your name, email address, IP address, and telephone number to take steps to enter into a contract with you to sell via our site. We may also collect additional data such as your date of birth and a form of ID to ensure we fulfil our legal obligations by undertaking our internal checks to ensure the suitability of you as a seller.
- Where you sign up to purchase sneakers or other products via our website we will collect your name, email address, IP address, billing address, payment address (if different), country and telephone number to take steps to enter into a contract with you to create an account and purchase products via our site. Please note we will not collect your financial information such as card details – we use Stripe, a third party payment provider to do so.
When you sign up to receive our news updates. We will handle your personal information (such as your name and email address) to provide you with our news updates in line with any preferences you have told us about. When we send you our news updates because you have opted-in to receive them, we rely on your consent to contact you. If we contact you by email and you haven't opted-in, this is because we believe you will be interested in Laced, and the lawful basis we rely on to do this is our legitimate interest to promote our business.
You can unsubscribe from our updates at any time by responding to any email you receive from us to tell us you wish to unsubscribe or by emailing [email protected]
- When you contact us either by phone, email or via social media, we will usually collect your name, gender, social media handle, contact details and any other personal data that forms part of your message to us because it’s in our legitimate interest to make sure we can properly respond to your query.
- When you attend one of our events or a third party event we also attend (including virtual events via video conferencing providers including Zoom), we will usually collect your name, address, email address and phone number. We collect this information at third party events because it is in our legitimate interest to promote our business and when you attend one of our events, we collect this information because it’s in our legitimate interests to know who’s attending our events.
When you apply for a job with us we may collect your name, contact details, recruitment information (e.g. right to work documentation and references), qualifications, accreditations and any additional information we may receive from our recruitment partners.
We will use your personal information to assess your suitability for our available roles. We do this to perform our contractual obligations or to take steps at your request, before entering into a contract. Where we process your right to work documentation, we will do so to comply with our legal obligations.
- If our business is sold. We process your personal information for this purpose because we have a legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer. If you object to our use of your personal information in this way, the buyer of our business may not be able to provide services to you.
Where Is Your Data Stored?
- Business partners, suppliers, group companies and subcontractors for the performance of the contract we enter into with them or you. Where you purchase goods from Laced, we will not share your personal data with the seller and where you are a seller you will also remain anonymous.
- Promotional events and marketing organisations, we do not sell data for marketing purposes, but may share your data with an event organiser including where we run workshops with co-presenters. We will always tell you before (usually on the event registration form) and you will be given the chance to opt-out before we do this.
- Prospective buyers of our business under our legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer.
We store your personal data in the United Kingdom.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data For?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as we need it unless we are required to keep it for longer to comply with our legal, accounting or regulatory requirements.
In some circumstances we may carefully anonymise your personal data and how our site is used, so that it can no longer be associated with you, and we may use this anonymised information indefinitely without notifying you. We use this anonymised information to analyse our business and improve it moving forward.
What Are Your Rights Under Data Protection Laws?
You have various other rights under applicable data protection laws, including the right to:
- access your personal data (also known as a “subject access request”);
- correct incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you;
- ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you;
- ask us to restrict our handling of your personal data;
- ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party;
- object to how we are using your personal data; and
- withdraw your consent to us handling your personal data.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with us or the Information Commissioner's Office, the supervisory authority for data protection issues in England and Wales.
If you are based outside of England and Wales, you can find your relevant supervisory authority here.
Please keep in mind that privacy law is complicated, and these rights will not always be available to you all of the time.
Questions, Comments And More Detail
Your feedback and suggestions on this notice are welcome.
We’ve worked hard to create a notice that’s easy to read and clear. But if you feel that we have overlooked an important perspective or used language which you think we could improve, please let us know by email at [email protected]